Browse our open positions—if we like each other, let's arrange a visit and find a place for you here.
Business Development Manager
As the Bendyworks Business Development Manager, your objective will be to identify, grow, develop, and manage potential and existing client relationships.
- Consult with C-level executives and project owners to maximize positive impact of Bendyworks’ talents within organizations
- Conduct market research to prospect for potential customers
- Collect market research data for internal strategic decision making
- Collaborate with Bendyworks CEO to acquire buy-in from from necessary parties and close sales opportunities
- Create proposals, presentations, and demonstrations for prospective clients
- Advance sales engineering pursuits through collaboration with developers and designers
- Negotiate project parameters with potential customers and communicate those parameters with Bendyworks CEO
- Participate in developing Statements of Work
- Maintain awareness of project staffing to set availability expectations with clients. Contribute to staff scheduling as appropriate
- Leverage an existing large network and/or build one
- Prepare sales reports. Communicate regularly with CEO, project management staff, and office administrator about activities
- Follow up with former clients to maintain rapport and prospect for additional work
- Strong communication skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- You consider sales to be your craft and have a passion to hone it over time
- Ability to land projects ranging from $50k to $5mil
- Must be able to effectively engage with leads nationally and eventually internationally
- Occasional travel will be required. Must possess a valid driver’s license, vehicle, and good driving record. Must be comfortable with air travel
- Must be a proficient computer user; knowledge of software programming is neither required nor a preference
- Compensation mechanism, from commission to salary or somewhere in between, is negotiable
- Full-time position with flexible hours
How? Send us as much of the following as you feel is relevant:
- Cover letter or a note about why you would make a Good Bendyworker
- Code samples or other samples of relevant work
- Email address
- Whatever you feel comfortable sharing from the following sites: Github, LinkedIn, Dribbble, personal website/blog, Twitter
What We Offer
We have a fantastic environment, encourage work-life balance, provide great benefits, and value hard work.
Weekly Growth Days on Friday, hosting Meetups and our Technical Talks every Tuesday are just a few ways we encourage growth. Invited to speak at a conference? We'll pay your way!
From time to time you can go visit another company! You go there and one of theirs comes here. You learn a lot about how they work and vice versa.
Staying on top of industry scuttlebutt is très important. We give you a cool $1K to spend on conferences or hardware each year.
Bike Loan/Bus Pass
Love to bike but have a crummy bike or none at all? We allow you to borrow enough to get you on two wheels, then reward you for riding. Prefer the bus? We have that covered too.
Paid Time Off
Take some time to relax. We offer generous vacation and sick time. Should you be expecting, or expect to be expecting, we offer parental leave.
We have a great health and dental plan. Keep the body and mind healthy, and your teeth shiny white.
We understand the importance of growing our community to be as inclusive as possible, and support such organizations as Rails Girls Summer of Code and events like RailsBridge.
Living next to a concert venue has its perks! Sometimes bands stop by and do a little acoustic jam sesh here.
Company Sponsored Outings
We encourage culture and chemistry by playing vintage video games, having a taco or two downstairs every Tuesday, or spending a summer day on the Pontoon Porch.
Copyright 2015. Made with love by Bendyworkers in Madison, Wisconsin